Each New Year's, revelers around the world chow down on specific foods to summon good luck for the next 365 days.
While some traditions call for noodles and others call for fruit, all the edibles connote forward movement, prosperity and health. Whether or not you're superstitious, take a look at our list of common celebratory eats. If no luck comes your way, at least you'll go into the new year with a full belly.
The 12 lucky fruits are lister below:
1. Pineapple – the Chinese word for pineapple is “ong-lai,” which means “fortune cones.”
2. Orange – represents gold in Chinese tradition. Its round shape signifies money.
3. Apple – the Chinese word for apple is “ping,” which means “harmony.”
4. Grapes – represents luxury as these are traditionally eaten by royalty.
5. Banana – comes in clusters, symbolizing unity. Its yellow color stands for happiness.
6. Mango – its sweetness signifies strong family ties.
7. Lemon – its fragrance and essence is known to cleanse and remove negative vibes.
8. Watermelon – symbolizes prosperity. Its many seeds stand for abundance.
9. Papaya – similar to the orange, it represents gold in Chinese tradition.
10. Lychee – its round, red body stands for happiness and good fortune.
11. Avocado – its colors, green and purple, symbolize prosperity.
12. Pomelo – its bright red or pink pulp represents good health.
Source: THC, THE ARTIKULO UNO NEWS