Therefore, many are promoting or using products that are natural to remedy their health problems.
Mung beans or known as monggo are among one of the plant-based sources that can help in ensuring protein and nutrients to your body.
"Mung beans are considered “one of the most cherished foods” during the ancient times. Due to its medicinal properties, the beans help in improving our health."
These are the things you need to know about mung beans
1) seeds contain carbohydrate of 45 percent and protein of 21 percent.
2) Mungo beans are a fair source of Vitamin A and a good source of Vitamin B but are deficient in vitamin C. However, the sprouted mungo are an excellent source of vitamin C as well as a good source of vitamin B and a fair source of Vitamin A.
3) Decoction of the seeds is employed either raw or cooked in maturative poultices.
4) it is also a remedy for your aching bones thats why it prescribed by the Santals because the roots are narcotic.
5) The seeds are much used as medicine in India, both internally and externally, especially in paralysis, rheumatism, and affection s of the nervous system.
6) They are also used in fevers, are considered hot and tonic, are useful in piles and affections of the liver, and are helpful in coughs.
7) A poultice is useful for checking secretion of milk and reducing distention of the mammary glands.
8) Rub the powdered beans into scarification over tumors and abscesses to promote suppuration.
9) People who suffers from anorexia are prescribed- an disorder of lossing the appetite to eat
10) The seeds are considered antiscorbutic in indo-China, according to Corre and Lejanne. They are also used as a diuretic in Indo-China.
11) this is prescribe to people who lack of vitamin c or ascorbic acid