Blackheads are pesky dark spots that appear in any part of your body especially on our face.
It is frustrating to deal with since they are small bumps caused by clogged hair follicles and its dark surface, caused by oxidation, can be very unsightly.
Often times, we use of our fingers to get rid of the blackheads but it will actually add more dirt and bacteria to your pores. So, to avoid worsening your blackhead-filled skin here is the household remedy than can work magic:
- saltmint toothpaste
- 2-3 ice cubes
- a spoon
- a small bowl
1. Put one tablespoon of salt and two tablespoons of mint toothpaste in the bowl and mix them well. You should get a nice paste.
2. Apply the paste onto your nose and let it stay on for nearly 5 minutes and dry.
3. Using some water, massage your nose gently in circular motions.
4. Once your nose is clean, take an ice cube and rub it on your nose. This will help you close the pores on the nose.
5. Finish by drying your nose.
Your nose will probably become red, but do not worry about that, it is perfectly normal and it will disappear after a short time. Just make sure that you do the massaging very gently.
For those with dry skin, it is recommended to use a moisturizer afterwards.
Benefits of Salt mint Toothpaste Remedy
Salt is well-known anti-bacterial agent which is often used for skin defoliation. The toothpaste cannot dissolve the salt, which makes it the best combination for a scrub.
The mint present in the toothpaste opens the pores on the skin and kills the bacteria, if any. The toothpaste deep cleans the skin pores and efficiently removes the blackheads.